Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reading already

I am sure you have all seen the infomercials of this program called " Your Baby Can Read", Kevin got sucked in and decided to order it for Porter. We got it in the mail yesterday, it comes with DVDs, books, and sliding cards. It says that no matter what age your child is, the can learn to read through seeing written word, showing them pictures, and discussion. We tried it yesterday Porter loves the books. I just laughed at Kevin when he got it, but if anything it will help him learn new words to say and he has fun doing it. We will see if it really works!!!

4 comments:

Melanie Hawkins Mangum said...

we have that for Trevor and love love love it! He learned to say "DOG" before we even knew he'd learned anything! I hope your lil man loves at like we all did.

The Barton Bunch said...

I have watched the informercials before but I am skeptical. I would love to hear if it actually teaches Porter to read or if it just teaches him new words to say. Keep us updated. :)

Amanda and Chad said...

I have heard the commercials for these too. Like your friend the Barton Bunch said I am skeptical about them also. Let me know if you think it really does teach Porter how to "read" or if it just teaches him to know what the word is. ha ha, I just copied everything your friend said. But I have wondered the same things. Pais has learned how to read tons of books, but pretty sure she isn't making the connection with the letter and to read the word, she basically just has it memorized. you know? Anyways, keep updating about it!

GrOnDeLs said...

Dave wants to get it for McKay but I am a little skeptical. Porter and McKay could be reading buddies together this summer. LOL