Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 was a keeper.....

One of my goals this year is to keep up with my blog. I feel like Porter has a complete journal of all the happenings big and small of his first years. Eva on the other hand has a very incomplete one. I have been the biggest slacker when it comes to blogging. I thought I would start with a post about our year 2011 was a good year for us.

January/February

*We enjoyed New Years Eve with the Lloyd's
* We went back to Laramie and began Kevins Last semester of Law School and I went back to teaching preschool
* We continued to prepare for the arrival of our second child
* Kevin stayed very busy as Editor and Chief of Law Review

March
* We continued to work with Denver Children's Hospital to figure out how to get Porters health problems figured out
* We made one last trip as a family of three to the Denver Natural History Museum, Porter still talks about seeing the Dinosaur bones
* March 25Th came and went with no new baby girl
* Kevin turn 28




April
* We began April waiting for baby girl
* Grandma and Grandpa Daniels came for a visit over Conference Weekend
* Finally on April 4Th at exactly 3:30 am we welcomed Eva Grace into the family--the best moment of 2011


May
* Kevin graduates for Law School our families join us for a big celebration
* We pack up, say goodbye to Laramie, and move to Aurora, Utah
*Kevin and I celebrate Six years of marriage


June:
* Kevin begins his new job as a Judicial Law Clerk for the 6Th District Courts
* We move into my Grandmas house
* I make the transition from working- mom, to stay-at-home mom
* We take a camping trip with the Lloyd's
* I go on a fun trip to St. George with some of my High School friends

*Porter and I take a Mommy and Me Swimming Class with Amanda and Paislee
*We bless Eva in the Aurora Second Ward









July/August

* Did lots of camping
*Celebrate the Fourth in Aurora with the Lloyds
* Kevin takes the Bar
*Porter turns three





September:
* Porter starts Preschool
* We go to State Fair and lose Porter
* Kevin passes Bar
*Take a weekend Vacation to Heber





October/ November

*Mom turns 27
*Halloween Fun- Porter went as Thor and Eva as a monkey
* Kevin goes on the Elk hunt and gets one, and goes with his brothers on the deer hunt
*Kevin and I go to Vegas with his parents and see Don Williams




December:

* We celebrate Christmas together at our home
* We all get the flu
* We ring in 2012 with the Daniels


2011 was a keeper and we are excited to see what 2012 brings us!

1 comment:

kathleen said...

loved your recap of the year brought back alot of memories. The pics are cute