Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The things I know........

So a few days ago I was blog -stocking and I came across this blog. I went into it and read their story and watched the video they had. It had a great affect on me and made me so grateful for some of the truths I hold dear. First, immediately after watching this video and reading their blog I walked into my little boys room, and gave him a huge kiss. I watched him sleep for a good five minutes and then got down on my knees and thanked my Heavenly Father from the bottom of my heart for giving him to me, for his health, and for his sweet spirit that feels my home. I know that children are the greatest blessing our Heavenly Father can give to us. They are what this life is all about! I have my days where nap time can't seem to come fast enough, but after seeing this I always stop myself and remember that some people would love the chance to be in my shoes. I am so blessed, so grateful I have this little one - he makes me so happy!!!

Also, given the events that have occurred in our family this past week, they have caused me to greatly reflect upon eternal families. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have that my family will be together forever. Our bonds reach far beyond this life and into the next. I can not begin to imagine what it would be like to loose a love one and think that, that is it. I know it's not it, I will see them again. For that small and simple knowledge I am so incredibly thankful. For those of you who would like to view this site it's link is: bloom-where-planted.blogspot.com/,the video at the end of the page is really neat, the music they have on there is beautiful, it will bring I tear to your eye. However, it will make you so thankful for all you have.

6 comments:

Poulson's said...

aww sis, u made me cry, which isn't hard to do these emotional days for me! I hope u & Kevin got thru the tuff wk, & I agree at least we can find comfort in our beliefs! I often do wonder what ppl do that dont think they have God to rely on in hard times, it honestly makes me sad for them. God is a HUGE part of my daily, HOURLY life, (especially lately). LOVE YA TONS!

Melanie Hawkins Mangum said...

I first want to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. You are so refreshing and always kind. I havent gone to the website yet but there are times I am grateful to know there is always someone there for us always. I hope all your going through will soon bring sunlight. We'll keep you in our prayers! Love you lots

The Barton Bunch said...

Thanks for posting this! I cried for a good 30 minutes at work, but it was worth it. I don't know if you know those people, but my heart truly goes out to them. I am so thankful to be a mother and for having Hagen here and healthy. I do take those things for granted and really need to work on that. I also want to let you know you are an amazing mom/wife/person. You always have such insightful, amazing, kind, beautiful things to say. I always look forward to reading your blog.

kathleen said...

My dear daughter, you are such a sweet tender spirit and you have such a way with words that touch my spirit. Looking at this blog site made me realize how blessed we are! We have the knowledge that we will be together again forever and what a comfort that is to me and to all of us. I cant imagine that kind of loss. We love you, Kevin and our sweet little Porter! Thanks for all your sweet blogs and always know that you are in our prayers everyday of my life!

Cindy said...

Trisha thank you for that, you have made my testimony grow.

farnsworthfamily said...

It makes a person greatful for what they have, no matter what life brings it could always be worse. so hard to even think about what could be. i want you to know that you have such a handsome little man he looks so full of life. hope all is well and hope you dont mind i add you to my list. i love to make sure everyone is doing good. love always mariah Farnsworth