Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A tribute to Grandpa Price


Last night our Grandpa Price lost his battle with cancer. He was surrounded by the people he loved the most and we are positive he is surrounded now by those who he loved that went before him. We could not be there in person to say goodbye, but I was so grateful that Kevin got to talk to his grandpa on the phone that day. He got to tell him how much he loved him and say his goodbye. Grandpa Price was eighty-nine years old, he lived a full and good life. He was married to the love of his life Elizabeth Price for sixty-nine years, in October they would have celebrated their seventh anniversary. We were so fortunate to have loved and know this wonderful man. We are so glad that our little Porter got to know his great grandpa. Grandpa Price loved to sing him nursery songs and show him the fish at his house. Porter would laugh at Grandpa and smile the biggest smiles when he would sing to him. Just a couple of weeks ago, when Grandpa was pretty sick we went to see him. He was determined to sing his nursery songs to Porter, even though it took a lot out of him. Porter loved every second of it. We love you Grandpa Price and we will miss you.




































































































3 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

Trisha & Kevin- So sorry about your Grandpa!! This makes me so sad. I didn't even know kev's grandpa had cancer. Hope you guys are doing ok! We love you!!

kathleen said...

My dear kids what a wonderful tribute to your Grandpa Price. Made me cry. I pray you will have the comfort of your heavenly Father with you at this time and that your trip will be safe to go and be with Kevin's family at this time. We love you and know that we are praying for you!!!!

Poulson's said...

Kevin & Trisha and my little man...so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Its always hard to loose someone you love that your close to, however what a wonderful relief to us that we will be united again in heaven. Can you imagen not having at least that comfort? I cant. Your grandpa never has to leave your heart still TO THIS VERY DAY I feel Grandpa Lloyd with me at times I have to look over my shoulder cuz I feel his presents so strong. You can be comforted in knowing that he lived a happy, wonderful, blessed life and look at his legacy! He's happy, and out of pain now and you will see him again. He's around you all the time I'm sure of that. Love you both