Monday, February 2, 2009

UFC and the Superbowl

This weekend was a pretty eventful for sports. Kevin and I have been waiting patiently for the UFC fights that were on Saturday night. Every week we have been watching the show on spike leading up to the fights. Our house was split I wanted GSP and Kevin was rooting for BJ Penn. It felt nice to have my guy be victorious and you better believe I did a little smack talking after GSP won! Kevin and I really enjoy watching the fights together, its always a good time.























Porter in his UFC gear!

Then on Sunday we invited our friends over for a Superbowl bash! I swear the Superbowl is like the Thanksgiving of junk food, its great! We had tons of good junk food and some pretty delicious ribs and baked beans! However, the game didn't turn out the way we had hoped. I just have one question to ask what were the 3 Cardinals doing that were standing in the in zone when Holmes made the touchdown with 35 seconds left, picking their noses???? I will never know or understand. However the best part of Superbowl Sunday was the hour episode of my all time favorite show the Office. It was of course hilarious and totally made up for the Cardinals loosing.





















My Favorite line of the night, " Stanley Barrack is President, you are black!"




This pic has nothing to do with the ufc, Superbowl, or the office - it just Laramie's number one gangster!


4 comments:

kathleen said...

I laughed my head of at the office sho Chelsee made me watch it. I was upset that the cardinals had the chance and blew it. What gives??? I so wanted them to win. Loved the super bowl ads! Glad you had a good day. Now on to the nba waiting for the playoffs! Life is never ending in sports.

The Poulson's said...

I can't believe he has a UFC shirt! So funny! Hope all is well with you guys! We want to see porter!

Poulson's said...

I'm SOOO mad and angry that we missed the UFC fight. That is Aaron and I's date night, I swear! We LOVE watching the UFC fights, and the SPike TV, Ultimate fighter. Mostly, I love watching Aaron unconsciensly doing the wrestling moves. I'm all about the UFC! We also had a Superbowl junk food fiest...we didn't go or have anyone over for once, but we still have the treats! Gosh when I read BBQ Ribs and baked beans, my mouth salivated, I think I need to buy some and make em! wish you were closer so we could have UFC fight night parties!

katie said...

When I lived in Hilo I worked out at BJ's little hole in the wall gym everyday and chat with him and his brother! way cute, nice guys:)