Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Fun!!

We had a really great Fourth of July in our nationals capitol!! We were lucky enough to get to watch the fireworks in the background of the Washington Monument. The crowds were really crazy, but it is something you should experience at least once. Chelsee and James were with us and we have been having so much fun with them. Yesterday, we caught some of the parade, but mostly just laughed and prayed, with the weird religious groups they had out there!!! Yes, you heard me right I prayed with this guy who was out teaching about his religion, but hey I got a bracelet out of the deal! We also went to the folk festival, to the Natural History Museum, and had a great dinner at the Hard Rock! It was a long day, our feet were swore, but is was a great 4th! Porter really thought those fireworks were the coolest thing, it was so much fun to watch him.




Here is a video of part of the grand finale- sorry it's sideways!











Our little family at the parade
















What a patriotic little guy, so cute!
























Dad and Porter at the Micronesia exhibit, this is Kevin's Mission

















Chelsee and James












Me and the little man @ the Museum














Waiting for the show

We got to share in their excitement after the show they got engaged! Congrats!!

3 comments:

kathleen said...

so glad you blogged this. LOve all the pics and the one of Chelsee and James is so cute. Porter with the Flag, he is such a little man! WIsh I could of been there to share in it all. I guess we should of huh! Love you guys and missing you more!

Will n Chelsea said...

Hey Trish!!! Ur blog is soooo freakin cute!!! First I have to say how happy I am for you. You have a beautiful family and you are soooo awesome. I truly love and miss you!!! Ne ways.. I am stoked u guys are in DC...hello you history buff you I bet you are having a ball. Porter is so cute and I bet ur the best lil mama!! Ne ways...I am doing great just chuggin away at school and lovin Michigan. Well take care and keep in touch:)

Amanda and Chad said...

Looks like so much fun, Trish! I think that is freakin' awesome you got to spend the 4th in DC!!!!!
Porter is adorable with his mini american flag.