Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Little Man!

I don't know where time goes, one year has blown by! My little guy celebrates his first birthday today!! He was born at 1:33 a.m. at McKay Dee Hospital. He was original due on the 20Th, but decided to hold off for a couple of days! We love Porter so much and we are so grateful for him. We couldn't have asked for a better kid, even though he has his spoiled moments. Here are some pics of one year ago today:



















Fun Facts about Pdiddy:


Starting Weight


* 6 lbs 8 oz


Today


* 16 lbs (he is a little guy)


Favorite Foods


* Chicken Nuggets


* Bananas


* Waffles


Favorite Toys


* He loves books, One Duck Stuck, is his all time fave


* He also loves his Cookie Jar


Funny Things About Pdiddy:


* He has never crawled the way most babies do, but this kid can scoots on his behind, all over the place! He kind of looks like a baby monkey when he does it but it gets him everywhere he needs to go and some places where he's not supposed to go! Every time we try to get him to crawl the "real" way he just puts his feet under his bum and gets to scooting!


* This kid loves to eat dust bunnies! Gross I know I try to stop him, but he hides them from me. He searches for them, and shoves them in his mouth before I can stop him!


* He loves to dance! Anytime there is music he gets his groove thing on! The boys got rhythm.


* Porter thinks you kiss with your tongue. When you make the kiss noise he lunges forward and sticks his tongue out, weird!


A note to my little guy:


Dear Porter:


I love you so much and I am so glad to be your mommy! You make me so happy and I love being with you everyday. You and your daddy are the best people in my life. Thank you for all the things you have taught me and for your hugs and kisses.


Happy birthday- love mommy













5 comments:

kathleen said...

Well you guess it, I am crying after reading your blog and sweet letter to Porter. Wish so bad we were there to celebrate this special day. We love him so much and of course you guys too and miss you so much. Cant wait to see you next month! Loved the memories of that day. Happy Birthday Porter! We love you!

The Masons said...

Oh wow! I can't believe he is one!! Time flies. He is lucky to have such a great mom! It seems like you are loving D.C. Duh...of course you would you history nerd!! (: Next time you are here we should do lunch or something!

The Poulson's said...

I can't believe he is one already! WOW! He is so big and SO cute! You are a great mom! Happy Birthday PORTER

The Barton Bunch said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORTER!!!

Amanda and Chad said...

I loved this post!! Porter's newborn pictures are just so precious! And that last picture of him just makes me want to squeeze him so hard! Love you baby Porter, hope you had a great birthday!