Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Thought

For those of you who don't know we are currently living in my Grandma Lloyd's house. It is an honor for me to be able to live in this woman's house. She is a great lady who did lots of wonderful things in her life and who has an incredible belief and faith in the church. As I was going through her house when we moved I came across Ensign Conference Editions dating back to 1993. Wow, that is a lot of conference talks for those of you who don't know! I decided to make my way through these conference talks and study from them. I started with one from 2009 and came across a talk given by Elder Henry B. Eyring entitled As A Child. It was an amazing talk that helped me to understand just exactly what that means, to have a Child's Heart. For my Sunday Thought I want to share my favorite quote from this talk. FYI it was hard to choose because this talk was chalk full with things that make you think.

" I can see myself standing in that day of judgment before the glorified and resurrected Savior. I want with all my heart not to shrink before him, but rather to look up at Him and see Him smile and say "Well done thy good and faithful servant. Enter."

1 comment:

kathleen said...

I have missed these. You always have a good thought and it makes you think and smile.