Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The adventures of Motherhood!


Oh the adventures of motherhood, it is a crazy road and everyday is a new experience. Today has just been one of those days. You know one of those days when you get every bodily function spewed on you. When you go from laughing to wanting to pull your hair out all in the span of a few mintues. One of those days when you look at the clock and realize it is almost 1:30 and you are still in your p.j.'s and your hair is a crazy mess. One of those days when you forget to eat, and trust me I don't forget to eat very often(food is my favorite.) However, now that the sweet little angel is finally taking his nap that should have happened at 10:30 I realize how completly lucky I am to have him. You know it took me a while to get pregnant it was a rough road with some disappointments along the way. But, I would go through it all again in a heartbeat for him. His little smile lights up a room and his laugh melts my heart. It sounds so cheesy I am sure, but Porter is such a blessing to Kevin and I. The other day Kevin asked me if I had blogged lately, and I replied no my life is not that exciting. His response made me think he said, " are you kidding me you get to spend everyday with Porter and watch him grow and develop." Sometimes I will admit I get a little down when I see my friends I graduated with have their own classes and are teachers. I sometimes wish I could be doing that, however when I stop and think about it, I wouldn't change this year for anything. I love being with my little man everyday and seeing him learn and discover new things!! It's all worth it when at the end of a day like today, your rocking him in your arms and he looks up and you and smiles. It is the greatest feeling in the world! My dad always told me that one day I would get it, well Dad I finally got it!!!

10 comments:

kathleen said...

I am sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks cause of what you wrote. You make my heart proud!!! Yes enjoy it cause when you go back to work yu will miss this part. Motherhood is an adventure cause everyday is different. Love the picture. I love that little guy and his Mom and Dad. Enjoy the moments!!!!

Tatum said...

so cute!!! I bet you are such an awesome mommy to that little guy! You are a lucky girl to have him, that's for sure. I think he looks just like his mommy too!! ADORABLE!

The Barton Bunch said...

Ahh! I totally agree with you! And you are very lucky to be home with your little guy...I was fortunate to have a boss that is very family oriented so I got to bring Hagen to work with me until I felt I couldn't do both anymore. Just remember it only gets better...watching their first steps and hearing them say "Lub you momma" and millions of other amazing things! It is truly a blessing!

Whiting Family said...

I all too often have those days too!!! He really is so dang cute!!! Keep in touch...and hey, IF you dont mind send me Chads email when you get a chance, THANKS!!! Shanda

Poulson's said...

I've always said...you NEVER know how much your parents truly love you till you have a child of your own, and then you understand a parents love. They hurt when you hurt, their happy when your happy...
I often find myself feeling down to cuz Aaron has a great career, my friends have great careers, and what to do I do? Well, I do the most important thing of all...its just hard to look at it like that sometimes. Aaron told me one day...he is sometimes jealous of me cuz i get ot be around the kids all the time and I get every waking moment w/them, and I told him...I get jelous of him cuz he's not w/the kids all the time lol...we always want what we don't have instead we should love what we have and feel blessed!
LOVE YA SIS!

Melanie Hawkins Mangum said...

Its so great to get on here and see you with your gorgeous boy! Its so crazy to think that there really is someone out there who feels the same way you do when you think your alone. You are such a beautiful mother Trish. I love reading your blog. And don't ever wish to be somewhere else because if you think about it those people want to be right here with us, looking into those perfect innocent eyes!

Clarissa and John said...

I agree with everything you said, Trisha! Motherhood is the BEST! Who would've though?? Your little guy is sooo adorable and he's getting so big!

The Poulson's said...

Oh my goodness I almost am crying! Ahah! he is so cute and you are the happiest little mom, I hope one day i can enjoy those joys your talking about :) Hope to see you soon!

Amanda and Chad said...

P-Diddy is so dang cute in this picture! I can't wait to see him... I am counting down the days! And I bet he is just as excited to see his favorite aunt also!

Courtney said...

Can't wait! It took us awhile to get pregnant as well and I agree that it is such a blessing. I have my own class this year, but I am dreading the thought of leaving a 6 week old baby with the babysitters to finish out the school year. I think it's great what you are doing, and I'm sure Porter does too!