Monday, December 15, 2008

Little Moments

Tonight I realized how great being a parent truly is, since my little man was born in July I have had alot of those moments. Moments that are really hard to explain, unless you have experienced t for yourself. Recently I have begun to try a new way of putting Porter to bed at night. Since the day he was born I have rocked that boy to sleep, laying him down three or four times before he was out. So I finally decided it was time to teach him to put himself to sleep. Most nights I put him down around 9:oo, tell him I love him, shut off the lights and let him talk or yes cry himself to sleep. But, tonight I just couldn't do it! I rocked him and sang primary songs and Christmas songs to him, and it was so great. I could have held him in my arms all night long. At one point he looked up at me and smiled the most precious smile I have ever seen. It truly is those sweet little moments in life that mean the most. I just want to hold on to them and remember them forever. He is growing so fast, discovering new things everyday, and I know one day I am going to wish I had those little moments back. Sometimes I get so caught up in making sure I don't spoil him to much, that I follow everyone's advice , and that I make sure I am do everything just right, that I miss the important stuff. Tonight was just a really good night I loved every mintue of it.

5 comments:

The Lloyds said...

Trisha you can never spoil a baby. I rock Kiki to sleep everytime I have him. He has got to the point that when he is tired and over here, he gets his blanket and gets in my lap to be rocked. My mom still rocks Kasey and he is 8. lol.

kathleen said...

Yes my dear daughter you will miss those special little moments and they will be gone so fast! So enjoy and love that little guy. Babies are only little for awhile and savory every moment of it!!!! Dont worry about what people tell you just take one step at a time and love every minute of it.

Amanda and Chad said...

I am so jealous that Porter lets you rock him to sleep! I wish Paislee would let me rock her to sleep or even just hold her on my lap and cuddle with her. She is way too hyper for any of that though... which is ok because she is damn adorable! So I say, keep on rocking the boy as long as he will let you! Because some people don't get that opportunity with thier babies.

Poulson's said...

I can attest to that! Missing those little moments that you cant get back. With Derian and Ash I was so anal about nap and bed time, that was MY TIME after 8pm well guess what I missed out on, rocking them, loving them, singing to them, although its important to have "you time" it shouldn't b such a big deal to take a few minutes and love your baby. I made up for that w/Kymee K but went overboard and now she's in my bed still at 3, and I still cuddle her like a baby, lol....ok, so I went way TO FAR the other way...you just have to find your balance.

Melanie Hawkins Mangum said...

I have a lot of those times when people say to not spoil Trevor and I am like you, I cannot let him cry. You only have these moments for a little time and why not give them all they need. Love you Trish. Your baby boy is absolutely adorable. We love reading your blog.
THe Mangum Family