Sunday, January 17, 2010

Some thoughts.......

First thing is first, it is 6:30 on a Sunday and I am blogging, does anyone see a problem with this picture? I should be sleeping in on my day off instead I am blogging and watching Sesame Street with my little man. Porter has been in a phase(lets all hope it is only that) for the past month were no matter what time he goes to bed he wakes up at 4:30-5:00 and will not go back to sleep! What the crap, this is the kid that use to sleep until 8:00-9:00 every morning. Oh, how I long for those days. I have been reading some articles that say for early risers you have to train them to sleep in using visual cues. So, if any of my blogging peeps have any suggestions on how we can fix our little problem I would love them. The other day at work I feel asleep while the other teacher was playing Duck, Duck, Goose with the kids! I am about to go crazy, so please some assistants to help my sanity would be great! On a side note he is dancing right now to a song by Snuffalofagus, adorable!

-Second, have any of you every watched the show Modern Family? If not jump on the bandwagon cuz it is simply hilarious! It's a new favorite and it gets more then one belly laugh out of me!



- Third, I wanted to share some of the moments and experiences we had in 2009.




* We started off the new year in California, on our first family vacation to Disneyland!


* In February, we lost Grandpa Price we love and miss him.




* We lived three months in our Nations Capitol, it was the best experience. We made so many memories and learned so much out there. It's one of those life experiences you are so grateful for and will never forget.




*We moved back to Laramie, Kev began year two of law school, got published, and thanks to The Daniels moved into a new apartment.
* Porter celebrated his first birthday and hit some major milestones. First, he scooted, then he crawled, and finally he walked! He communicates with us better, knows some sign language, and started daycare.

* Porter starting daycare means I started working again. We had to make some big adjustments to our life, but it has been a good experience.

* 2009 was a interesting year! We had so many great adventures, some not so fun challenges, and were blessed so much.

To go along with the whole new year thing, I read the best article in the January Ensign. It was entitled, " The Best is yet to come." I want to share a piece of it with you.... "Some of you may wonder: Is there any future for me? What does a new year or a new semester, a new major or
a new romance, a new job or a new home hold for me? Will I be safe? Will life be sound? Can I trust in the Lord and in the future? Or would it be better to look back, to go back, to stay in the past? To all such of every generation, I call out, “Remember Lot’s wife.” Faith is for the future. Faith builds on the past but never longs to stay there. Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us and that Christ truly is the “high priest of good things to come”
(Hebrews 9:11).
Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away. Live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, of trust and divine love that will transform your life today, tomorrow, and forever. That is a New Year’s resolution I ask you to keep." So that is my only new year's resolution this year, wish me luck!

3 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

I'm so glad you posted! That sucks about little P diddy waking up so early! When Pais was like 13 months old she started doing the same thing so I talked to her pediatrician about it. He gave us a few suggestions- he said to make sure her room is dark as can be (so we have like 5 sheets/towels hanging up behind her curtains), & he said when she wakes up that early DO NOT give her Milk because she will just keep doing it because her body will become use to those calories from the milk. So he said to give her a little sip of water and then put her back in her crib and let her cry it out! It's hard, you already know that! But, we did it with Pais- she had to cry herself back to sleep at 4 am for two nights in a row and has never woke back up that early since! Kids are funny, I'm still trying to figure Pais out.

Peterson5 said...

Hey I usually come to your blog for a good laugh you are just so funny. But the article you shared is just what I needed so Thanks for sharing. Your little guy is just to cute. I wish I had some advice on the sleeping problem but Our kids just started sleeping in until 7:30 or 8:00 and I don't know what changed.

kathleen said...

Good advice from Amanda I think. Maybe the time change has done something to him. Do what AManda said try it. And thanks so much for the inspirational post it really helped me today with my worries. LOve you so much and thanks for the review of your year. Love mom