Thursday, June 11, 2009

Future Art Critic

So we live across the street from the National Portrait Gallery. I am not a art person by any means but I thought it might be cool to check out. It is a really cool building and I actually really enjoyed going through it. Porter really loved it too, he loved making sure that his voice was heard by all. He has really discovered echoes, so you have all these art people in deep contemplation about the paintings and their deeper meaning. Then there is Porter screaming and yelling "DADA" over and over again. Here are some pictures from our adventures at the Portrait Gallery!




This picture was my favorite -I just thought it was really pretty!
This picture of Joseph Smith is also in the Gallery along with one of Brigham Young

They have a whole wing dedicated to the Civil War, of course I loved that-here is Porter with a picture of Robert E. Lee
Porter & Ulyess S. Grant
Porter & Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
Porter and his sun hat

2 comments:

kathleen said...

Oh wow I would of loved that museum. I can just imagine Porter in there saying that and listening to his echo and thinkin that was pretty cool. LOved the last one. Him looks so dagn cute.

Amanda and Chad said...

That angel lady is creepin' me out! Those are some cool pictures though. Chad & I think Porter looks exactly like Kevin in that last picture.