Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Obama in the House

So the other day we were sight seeing and we decided to take a walk down to see the White House. You will never believe who we saw, you guessed it Pres. Obama! Can you believe it, well if you can't that's because it didn't happen!!! Ha Ha I know I had some of you going! One thing I do know is that this city is crazy for anything and everything Barrack. All of your regular tourist shops are now Barrack Obama shops. Some of the stuff they have really cracks me up! So I decided I would gather pictures of some of my favorite, crazy shirts they have. Here are just a few and I am sure there will be more post like this one:





























































This one is my favorite















Also, Porter & I took a little morning trip up to the Botanic Gardens. It is a Conservatory full of different plant life and it really is the coolest little place. Each little conservatory has plant life from different climates. My favorite was the jungle it was so pretty, I could have stayed in there all day. They also have a part of the building where there are different sculptures and items people have made from plants.
















Porter on the butterfly bench
















These are high heal shoes made from leaves and the heals are made from bark

















This is the Garden Conservatory, it was so pretty


















This is on level two of the Jungle Conservatory















I just thought this flower was so pretty



















The bridge in the Jungle area




































This is a big sculpture of area

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

oh my gosh- those shirts are hilarious. Chad is going to love this post!
Chicago was obsessed with Obama too since he lived there for awhile. I could not believe the crap they came up with to put an Obama picture on. Almost bought me some Obama chapstick.

kathleen said...

Oh I loved the pics. When you called this morning and said you were going here I was hoping for pics from it and here they are. Makes me feel like you are not so far away. Keep them coming ok! The one shirt of Hilary and Obama was hilarious!