Sunday, June 7, 2009

God Bless The Crazies

So growing up around my family I have had my share of observing crazies!!! However, DC is chuck full of them and they crack me up! That is my favorite part about this place I could watch them all day!! And mom stop right where your at, NO I DON'T GO UP AND TALK TO THEM OR GET TO CLOSE- AND I KNOW I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL I AM NOT IN AURORA! So with that said here are a few of my favorite moments courtsey of the crazies.

* Second day here me and the fam walking down to the Smithsonian. We stop at a vendor owned by a small Asian man to get a refreshing drink of water. A very old African American homeless man sneaks up behind me and grabs a water and shoves it in his bag! Very sneaky or at least he thought so. The vendor see him and starts yelling at him -nobody can understand anything that is coming out of his mouth. The very old man then starts screaming bad words at him and walks off with the unpaid water! The funniness in this comes from the two people who were fighting - a very skinny Asian and a old as the hills homeless man! Nether could hurt a fly both thought they were going to kick some ass!!
* On Wednesday Porter and I are walking home from a afternoon out! All of the sudden behind me I hear BEEP, BEEP, HONK, HONK--being yelled very loudly. So I get out of the way and see a man who looks like Mckfoley the wrestler! All dressed in black with a crazy hat on he is just singing to himself and loving life. Then he looks at Pdiddy and as he walks away yells " Hey there little dude, Jesus loves the children!" " Yea everyone Jesus loves the children!" Porter loved him and what he had to say.
* Man on the metro keeps yelling every two seconds " I am a Wild Child, God Bless Ya!"
* I saved the best for last! Yesterday we were walking home from the grocery store. When this man started yelling, " Have you ever seen an angel walk?" He just kept talking like somebody was right next to him! Then he walks up to this other homeless man and starts to take the change out of his cup! He said, " Come here let me see that." Sticks his hand right in the cup for some money! The other homeless man has a big problem with this and they proceed to get in a fight!

5 comments:

kathleen said...

Love the stories about the crazizies just be careful they dont get crazy with you. Made me laugh.

Amanda and Chad said...

oh my heck trisha- i am dying of laughter! How freakin' hilarious! I love crazies, too. I am a people watcher and would love to be seeing all the freaks in DC. Chad is going to die when he reads this!
Jesus loves children!

Melanie Hawkins Mangum said...

You are so funny! I remember when I went there to visit Leslie and some dude in a huge animal fur coat kept following us, there are some freaky people there. Keep enjoying and be careful. Love your blog and your cute new place. Loves!

Cindy said...

That is funny, although I must say I probably would be freaking out with all those crazy people. You are much braver than I am. I hope you are having fun there in D.C. don't get to close to those crazy people.

Poulson's said...

OH my gosh!Sounds like your getting quite the freak show for free...
Thats hilarious! I'm a people watcher big time, but here in Utah, you dont quite get that. I think I'd be so afraid to go out by myself, your brave, but I'm freaked out by wierdo's. Sounds as though you could have a whole lot of entertainment just out for a stroll...