Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tourist

So in the week that we have been here we have been able to get out and see a lot of this great city! The big part is that we don't have to wear ourselves out we just go and take our time!! We have been able to go through completely over several days the American History and Natural History Museums. Porter and I were able to go through the American Portrait Museum, and surprisingly I really enjoyed that. We went to the movie Night At The Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian @ the IMAX Theatre in the Natural History Museum. Today, we went to the D.C. Zoo, which Porter really loved! The Panda's were really cool and they Gorillas were awesome, they were wrestling-Kevin got a huge kick out of that! Here are some pictures of our past weeks adventures! We will take better ones once our camera is working!














Porter @ Clyde's enjoying Ice Cream!
















Porter, Me, and Theodore outside the IMAX

















The Washington Monument on are Sunday Stroll
















WWII Memorial -under the Wyoming sign

















I love this pic-the sunset is so pretty












My favorite President














Porter the tourist-enjoying a cookie break














National History Museum-Porter outside the ocean exhibit












Every time we go for a walk, Porter leans as far out of his stroller as possible to take in all the sights and sounds! P.S. he is a huge fan of the pigeons and the beggars!!

















National History Museum -Porter, Me, and the giant turtle

















Porter and his friends-

















We loved this Gorilla he was posing for us the whole time! This was his thinker pose

3 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

That is so fun you guys are able to get out and see all the sights! Lucky you! Glad you are enjoying your time in DC. I love that picture of Porter by the Gorilla- he is so adorable and growing so fast! I think your apartment looks awesome.. I would love living in something so cozy like that. And I bet it's easy to keep clean! How is Kevin's job going?

kathleen said...

Love the pics. Makes me feel like I am there with you. I agree with Amanda the Gorilla pic with Porter is really cute. Hope you took pics of the white house. Remember our glimpse of the white house with the crazy tour lady???? lol.

Trent and Robyn said...

Trish, looks like you are having too much fun. I like how you said you were going to pace yourself. I imagine DC is like Disneyland for you guys but you get to be there for 3 months. I have to say that I was a little disappointed with the Roosevelt wax guy cause I was under the impression that Teddy looked more like Robin Williams...weird huh. Keep taking tons of pictures and journaling about them. You could come back to UTAH and be a a a a historyn TEACHER? You're awesome and I miss kissing on Porter. He is a doll.