Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Memorials, Baseball, and Fun

So since our time here in D.C. is quickly coming to an end, we are trying to do as much as we can. We have really just loved our time here, we are so lucky to have had this experience! I love this city and the people here! Anyway last weekend we went out to Virgina to see the Marine Memorial. The main memorial is of the picture of the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima. It is really cool to see, so here are some pictures of us enjoying it.











I REALLY LOVE THIS CITY


WE BOUGHT PORTER THESE CHEESE SHOES, NOW HE MATCHES HIS PAPA LLOYD, GRANDPA DANIELS,AND GRANNIE LLOYD.




ALSO, one of our favorite things to do out here is go to the Nationals baseball game. This week we were fortunate to find the best seats front row, between first and second base, on EBAY for a steal of a deal! We had so much fun being that close and seeing all the players. We even made the big screen, but I of course I was off in LA LA LAND and didn't even notice we were up there. I guess I was to into dancing to " That's the way I like it." I missed my 15 seconds of fame! Also, PORTER was flirting it up with the girls that work there. The ONLY foulball that came in our directions, she gave to PORTER!! We thought it was pretty neat, not to mention the Nats hit a homerun in the ninth to win the game! We decided that would be our last GAME, so we could end on a REALLY good note!

ADAM DUNN JACKED A HOME RUN IN THE NINTH INNING TO Win THE GAME






THE PRESIDENTS RACE



And today Porter and I pulled out the camera and had some FUN! P.S. that's my knee inbetween us, Porter Was holding on to it, I know it looks kinda funny!








2 comments:

kathleen said...

I love your posts! You make me laugh all the time and I could just imagine you dancing to that song and missing your moments of fame on the big screen. I would of loved to been there and watch you dance! I miss that. Porter is getting bigger I can tell. Cant wait to see you all!

Amanda and Chad said...

YAY! I am so excited for you guys to come back home. I miss my little buddy Porter! You guys have really had an amazing summer; I loved reading and seeing all the pictures you took!
Porter is so happy in those last pictures- i love it!