Monday, August 10, 2009

TEACH ME

Bare with me on this post, this is something that should go in my journal. However, it is eleven o'clock at night and I am to lazy right now. Typing is faster than writing, and this way I won't forget my thoughts. My little man taught me another important lesson tonight. For a little person, who can't speak he sure does do this a lot! As most of you know I have spent the last four months searching, and praying that I would be able to get a teaching job in Laramie. I have put so much time and energy into it, and spent so many days stressing and worrying about it. However, because of the size of the school district and lack of openings, this did not happen for me. The Lord has his reason, that I am sure of, everything happens for a reason. I struggled with this and still continue to. I did things the way I was suppose to, worked hard for five years and earned my degree. Things are suppose to be easy after that, your supposed to get a job. I have put so much time into thinking about TEACHING, TEACHING, TEACHING. Maybe, I lost sight of what kind of TEACHING, is really important. Now, back to the original reason for this whole rampage of a post. My sweet little Porter was having a really hard time falling asleep tonight. So I got him out of his crib and sang to him. The song that came to mind was " Teach me to walk," we all know it, I've heard it a million times throughout my life. As I sang it I listened carefully to the words, and realized that is what I am suppose to be doing right now. It's of far more importants right now to be with my little man, teaching him right from wrong and teaching him to "walk in the light." I just had the most precious moment with him, he was laying in his crib, I was on the floor next to him. He was just looking up at me with his big eyes, and singing along. Wow, what an amazing moment, I love that little guy! There is no doubt in my mind that i will have the opportunity one day to be a teacher, to land the job. But, right now I have the greatest of all opportunities, to TEACH my child. I am so glad that the Lord continues to give me these moments of inspiration through my little man.



6 comments:

Zack and Victoria said...

Trish, you are such a wonderful mommy! I love reading your posts. It is so much fun to be able see how you are doing and what you are up to. It looks like you will have an amazing time teaching Porter until your card is dealt. I know you will me an amazing teacher some day :O)

Melanie Hawkins Mangum said...

Trisha you make me tear up so often when reading your blog mostely because by watching all the beautiful mothers and their examples it helps me to be a better mother to my son. I to have been searching for a job and as scared at I get to not find something. I thank the lord each day I get to wake up with him and put him to bed. You are truly a beautiful person and mother. Thank you for your example. Loves!

Trent and Robyn said...

Hey, it will happen. And I can tell you that things do happen for a reason if you don't understand at the time. It took Robyn 10 years, not 5 to get her job. Your only half way there girl. Durning that time she was able to work part time instead and looking back I am so much the happier for it. I agree it was hard to understand at the time for both of us, but it all worked out for the better in the end. Hang in there.

The Barton Bunch said...

I totally agree with all these posts. You are a wonderful Mom and a great example to me. Enjoy your time with little Porter, it goes all too quickly. Your time will come to teach and you will be amazing at that too!!

Ashley Hansen said...

Isn't amazing how our little ones can teach us so much? Katie teaches me how to live everyday! Some of the most spiritual moments in my entire life involve her. There is no greater job than that of a mommy! I know that for sure. Sometimes I get sad that I am not teaching too but then I look into her big brown eyes and I am happy about my decision to stay home. I get to be my babies mommy and there is not greater calling on earth! You are such a great mom and I can tell that you and Porter have a very special relationship! Keep up the good work!

kathleen said...

As your Mother I want you to know how proud I am of you and what an example you are to me. Your post made me cry cause I know how you feel about teaching yet I also know how important it is to raise a child. You are doing a super job Trisha and you have such a sweet spirit. The time will come for you.. There is a season and time for everything as it says in the scriptures. Thanks for the beautiful post. U are an inspiration to us all. Love ya.