Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am BACK!

After a brief blogging hiatus, I am back! Alot has happened since my last post, so lets get right down to it.
1. We survived the plane ride from DC to Utah. Plane rides and Porter do not mix, he had a rough time but we made it through. It was nice to see mountains again, you don't realize how pretty they are until they are no where in sight.
2. We spent a few days in Utah with our families, one day with each. It was quick, but better then nothing. We were so happy to finally see them, laugh with them, and just hang out!
3. We survived the seven hour ride back to Laramie, by the time we got here all three of us were so over traveling!
4. We moved into a new, bigger apartment. We have so much more space, it is really nice! Thanks so much to the Daniels for moving us out of the old and into the new!
5. My job search came to an end, and boy was I glad! I found a full time job at Basic Beginnings Learning Center. I work with preschoolers and get to teach them and goof off!! They give me some great stories to tell Kevin at night, and keep my day fast moving and entertaining. I was so happy to find a job where I could use my skills as an educator, even if it wasn't exactly what I had hoped for, it worked out really well!
6. Porter started daycare, lucky for us it is in the same building I work in. We aren't in the same department, but at least if he needs me I can be there quickly! He did really good the first two days, didn't even cry once. The last couple were a little rough, but he did good! His teachers are really great so it makes it a little easier to get use to. It is still hard though,I hate dropping him off!
7. Kevin started his second year of law school! He has a busy schedule, and is always studying, studying, studying!
8. Porter went to his one year check up, his growth and development is right on track. He his getting really mobile, and is speaking up a storm! He only weighted in at sixteen pounds, but the doctors aren't worried! HE IS JUST A LITTLE MAN!
It's been pretty crazy around here, but we are getting into a routine. I am so thankful for everything we have, and for the many blessings that have come our way!

3 comments:

kathleen said...

Glad to hear from you again. We miss you guys so much. Just did not get enough time with you. WIsh we was up there this weekend for our anniversary but things are just not good right now. I feel like I have let you down but there is not much I can do about it right now. Just know we love you all and really really miss you.

Melanie Hawkins Mangum said...

Glad things are working out for you all and that your moving time is over, that is so stressful with a baby. Now i just need to find a job. I hate the whole deal with daycare its sad to me even after a long time. I wish you well and congratulate you on your new job. Take care. God bless and love your way. The Mangums

Amanda and Chad said...

YAY! I'm so happy you are back! You guys have had a crazy couple weeks, glad you getting back in the swing of things!
It was nice to see you guys that night at the park. Porter is getting to be such a big boy (even at 16 lbs! ha ha. Pais was 15 lbs at a year.. crazy kids!). Hope to see you all soon!